Friday, October 25, 2024

New Invisible Wall

I was lucky enough to snag a large sheet of plexiglass on Freecycle.  Woot!  I was imagining all the quilting templates I could make from it.  First, though, I sliced off a piece to replace the rusted third-level grids for the guinea pig cage.  


It looks great although it's a little freaky to see the pigs close to the edge when it looks like there's nothing to keep them from falling off the loft.

I installed the half-grids on the third level of the cage in 2009.  Weren't they so pretty and white?  Over the years, too many of my guinea pigs chewed on the plastic coating.  Once the grids started to rust the rest of the coating flaked off.  

The last few years I'd jam a bit of plexiglass between grids if any guinea pig was too interested in chewing them.  Much better to do away with the grids entirely.  One piece of plexiglass along the whole stretch should have more integrity than the two-piece grids.  

I love the new look.  I may consider replacing the first level grids across the front!

1 comment :

  1. Those do look good! Should be easy to clean, too. How do you cut your plexiglass?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************