Friday, October 18, 2024

Fall Flowers

Years ago I "fixed" a stained tank top by adding flowers all over it.  It was a fun project and I get a lot of compliments on it at the dances.  The flowers were fun to make and I had always hoped for a reason to make more.

Lo and behold - an occasion presented itself.  Several of my dancing hair clips are falling apart and I could use more that match other outfits.  I thought these little flowers would be cute!

I've spent the last several days making these.  I rummaged through my scrap fabric for colors.  Then I had to recall how I made the first set of flowers.  Now have a dozen flowers.  Even though that's plenty, I'm ready to make some more!

Currently the buttons are not attached to the flowers, which would allow me to switch around centers and petals.  I've considered keeping them like that, but I plan to glue them together so they don't come apart on the dance floor. 

The loops in the back are bits of colored elastics I saved from old face masks.  I knew they'd eventually come in handy (for more than keeping my bobbin and spools together)!  I threaded the elastic through the buttons and looped them in the back just long enough to slip through a few teeth of the comb, or the hair stick or mini claw clip. 

 

Test run this weekend!  Perhaps tonight and definitely for the big Fall Ball dance tomorrow.  (And goodness - what is all that white stuff in my hair?!?) 

Sharing with:
Alycia Quilts - Finished or Not Friday
Nina-Marie - Off the Wall Friday
QuiltFabrication - Midweek Makers
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle & Thread Thursday
A Quiltery - Put Your Foot Down Thursday

5 comments :

  1. These flowers look so good! I love seeing them in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair updo, Sally with those pretty flowers you fashioned. So very chic! Now your ready to dance the night away. And the 'white stuff' sprinkled here and there.......just makes you look more elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be the bell of the ball. :) What a fun way to embellish your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty - what a fun idea! They look great in your hair, too. That white stuff is what I call "natural highlights!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are so colorful and cheerful! And I think that white stuff is Character ;)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************