Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lots of Nine Patches

I started working on my mother's Christmas present - a mixer cover.  I found a pair of cover patterns that I like.  I'll take bits and pieces from the two to make mine.

It's also a chance to try a new pattern I've been eyeballing for a few months:  double disappearing nine patch.

I've made lots of little nine patches.  It was a little odd to then cut them apart.  I now have lots of nine-patch quarters and am in the process of creating my second set of nine patches.  If I do this pattern again, I will not do such a small block.  I'm happy to be working through my scrap pile, but there's little room for error.  I'm liking the color combination.  I hope Mom does, too.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************