Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Rounded Bowl Cozies

A request for bowl cozies piqued my interest because it was for a rectangle container rather than a round bowl.  The timing was good, too - having finished my latest quilt I change gears to work my clean-up projects.  It was a good time to jump into this.

I dug up my original bowl cozy pattern (from a tutorial here).  Then I adjusted it by rounding the corners and moving the darts to accommodate a 5x7" bowl.

These cozies ended up a bit flatter than I imagined, but even my original bowl cozies aren't that deep.  I started with an 11" square, then rounded two corners with 4" and 2" curved rulers.  No bulky sharp corners to turn out!

 


The recipient made the difficult choice of colors from a dozen or so fabric samples I sent her.  They're great combos - the grey one ended up being my favorite.  

I didn't think to take any in-progress photos.  I designed the cozy as I went along (took me three attempts to get the darts how I like them).  I had the process down pat by the time I made the last cozy.

It's a pretty set.  

My own bowl cozies are so old, shabby and a bit shrunken from many washes, but they've held together great over the years.  Perhaps it's time for new one for myself?  We have a bunch of these rectangle containers we use for leftovers, too - it would be nice to have a cozy built for it.

Sharing with:
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle & Thread Thursday
Wendy's Quilts and More - Peacock Party


4 comments :

  1. Oh I'm glad you posted this, Sally! I was going to ask you if you mind me sharing it on Comptonia. With a link to your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These make great gifts! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have rectangular leftover containers, too, so making bowl cozies in that shape is a great idea! I should give it a try. I think I even have some Wrap 'n Zap somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are nice, and a really good to include in a holiday gift basket.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************