Saturday, September 30, 2023

New Projects

I have wanted to make myself a quilted yoga mat for quite some time.  I've also been accumulating a bunch of orphaned blocks that were either extras or unsatisfactory cast offs from other projects.  Let's see what happens when I combine the two!

The pieces are all thrown up on the wall while I decide just what I want this yoga mat to look like.  Then I'll still need to work out how much batting I want to put in it, and how it will all go together.

I'm also researching how to make a floppy sun hat.  I met a woman last spring that had an awesome scrappy sun hat that was was assembled similar to a rope coil bowl, except there was no rope.  It was simply strips of fabric.  I regret that I failed to take a photo of it; I can only go by my vague memory of how it looked.  

And of course there are some new throw/baby quilts on the horizon.  Whew!

Sharing with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict - Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
Wendy's Quilts and More - Peacock Party


2 comments :

  1. Your yoga mat sounds interesting. I can't wait to see what you come up with! The hat sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those string kite blocks could make something fun! I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************