Sunday, September 24, 2023

Scenes From Cape Cod

Cape Cod Chick Weekend was a couple of weeks ago.  We stayed in a new place near Thumpertown beach, just a little south of Campground beach in Eastham.  We arrived to hot humid weather.  Then stormy weather blew through on Sunday and Tuesday.

We walked to the beach on Sunday to watch the weather as it rolled across the bay.  I wanted to walk on the beach before the tide came in.  I thought the dark clouds looked amazing from down on the beach as they moved across Brewster and Orleans.

There was such blue sky on Monday.  The water was calm, you could see right through it.  What a difference in a day!  The sky and the clouds looked painted, the colors were so vivid when we came up to the top of the beach.

A few of us headed to the ocean side of Cape Cod, to Nauset Light beach.  It was cool and misty.  Who would believe this photo was only four hours later than those sunny pictures.

Amazing how three miles of land and an ocean can make such a change in the weather.  It's hard to see, but there's a couple of seals in that water. 

I forget how much I miss the Cape until I come back to it.  The smell of the sea.  The wind over the waves.  Walking the bay side flats at low tide.  Seeing the stars at night, and the sweep of light from Nauset Beach Light.  I love this place.


4 comments :

  1. It is such a beautiful place, Sally! Your photos are really great - I'm so glad you enjoyed your time there so much! I'm really glad we were able to experience it in 2022. One of the places we enjoyed was Nauset Marsh - loved it there as much as by the ocean. Looks like yours was a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures
    Having a good time at the beach makes the year easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snaps! I miss the sea, also. I lived on Plum Island for several months at one point, and never really got over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! I'm so glad you got to enjoy the Cape. I haven't been in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************