Thursday, December 28, 2023

I Like Thursday: Winding Down 2023

December has been enjoyable, with lots of likes to brighten my month!  I met up with three of my friends to swap goodies and stories.  I also met up with my hiking buddy for a hike around Tully Lake.  The best part - being introduced to the fun of skipping stones on the ice.  I had no photos or videos of our experience, but check this one out.  The sound the stones make were really cool!

The family cookie party!  So good to see aunts, uncles and cousins.  Making the gingerbread houses is a hoot.  So many different designs.  The one in the upper left makes me laugh - the roof has two big bites and the gingerbread man is missing both his head and a leg!

Rob and I went to Bennington, VT.  We went on an impromptu tour of several VT and NY covered bridges.  It was an entertaining hunt.  One of them we drove by before we realized it was just a small footbridge.  It was a pretty drive driving through several small towns. 


One of the places we passed by was called a Chocolatorium.  We didn't go in (I was afraid I'd buy the place out!), but we did end up in the sister store: The Village Chocolate Shoppe.  I'm glad we did!  We met Benny and Molly - two chocolate moose.  They are each 100 pounds of chocolate!  Wowza!  I was fascinated by their tempering machines and quizzed one of the owners on how they worked.


We also stopped by the Bennington war memorial.  But my favorite was walking by the Walloomsac Inn.  The place was massive and ramshackle and has to be haunted.  Don't you think?

I very much enjoyed this video on how sewing machines work.  Ooh - speaking of sewing - I like my recent finishes.  You may have already seen my new yoga mat and I posted an embellished sweatshirt earlier this week.


I had a lovely Christmas with family.  (No Sculpey ornament to share this year - sorry.)  And can you believe I've been blogging for 13 years?  I enjoy the writing process (probably why I keep a journal, too).

Ooh - and one last big like to wrap up the year - I'm fostering a pair of baby boars.  They turned two months old on Christmas day and they are so soft!

Linking up with LeeAnna and friends over at I Like Thursday



9 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had a great holiday! Your trip to Vermont seems so interesting. I've only driven through Vermont to get to some place else. I should visit. So glad you're fostering again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennington looks like a fun place to visit! Love the chocolate moose(s)! Your new little friends look sweet, too - are they as creatively named as the Cheese brothers were?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwws, they are so cute!
    That is a good looking inn. I'm surprise some yuppie person isn't renovating it.
    Those gingerbread houses are adorable. What nice treat to have a cookie gathering.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a covered bridge in our neck of the woods. My son proposed to his wife there! So sweet. Your little fluffies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was interested to read you visited Vermont. Our youngest granddaughter lives in Johnson VT. We’ve never been to see her, so I googled how far away was Bennington. A long way! Johnson is north of Montpelier and north of Burlington. Fun to see the covered bridges though, and the chocolate moose! Thanks for sharing and Happy Blog-aversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at "to Benny she is priceless" :) What fun to drive around VT and enjoy the scenery. I used to drive over a covered bridge when I rode at a barn in VT - I think it was in West Guilford. BABY piggies - look at those little faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we used to go thru Bennington when we stayed in Stowe... you weren't far from Ben and Jerry's... heh heh
    omg the new faces are adorable. I love them, the babies. You'll raise them to love people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Sally on reaching your 13 years' milestone. You have been enjoying yourself this last little while. The chocolate shop looks a wee bit tempting. Aww.....those baby boars are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those covered bridges! The gingerbread house with the bites out of it sure is a hoot and made me chuckle. Wow - 13 years! I started my blog in 2013 ;-) so it's been just ten this year, and that seems wild. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************