Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cross Stitch






Quilting isn't the only stitching I do. I've done a number of needlepoint projects as a kid and did counted cross stitch in college. The dragon sampler was my first big counted cross stitch - it took two years to complete.


These three pieces are all designs by Teresa Wentzler.  I love how intricate her patterns are.  Everything is woven together and very detailed.  Of course that means they're terribly time-consuming to stitch!











The two carousel horses were part of a set of four - one for each season.  I picked my favorite two, because I figured I'd lose my mind doing all four of them.  These two pieces each took two years to complete.  It makes the weeks I spend on a quilt seem like no time at all! Spring was completed in 1995.


I finished Winter in 1998.


I really liked Fall. I may have to get that one eventually....

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************