Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

What was I thinking?

When I go off the rails, I don't do it in dribs and drabs.  I got home from work today, and was tired, cranky and didn't really feel like working out.  Baking makes me feel better when I'm in a mood like this.  So not only did I skip the gym, I baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had bookmarked these cookies last week from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  The recipe was small - it made 16 big cookies, which only used a half-bag of chocolate chips.  I figured, if I was going to open a bag of chocolate chips, I might as well use the whole bag.  So I make a double batch. 

Oh. My. God.

I have no idea how many of these cookies I taste-tested.  And I may need to sample another in a few minutes to make sure they really pass inspection.  They are delicious.  They go perfectly with a big glass of milk.

<sigh>  Now I have more to work off the next time I go to the gym.  But my mood has improved!  I guess that's a reasonable trade.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************