Friday, February 3, 2017

Bark, Bark!

Yeah, I know.  This looks exactly like a photo I posted nearly a month ago.  But I promise it's not.  There's more leaves.  But more importantly, I finally picked a tree color and cut the tree.  My big dilemma is whether to stitch witchery the bark edges down first (which means going and buying some first), or just pin the hell out of it and get going.

I'm also now considering adding trapunto - maybe to the tree itself, or the leaves?  I guess I need to get the stuff stitched down first before I start adding complications.

My weekend is free; I'm excited to sew again.  In addition to this project, I've picked a pattern for a baby quilt - I'm starting to pick colors for that.  It's been too long since I've sat at my sewing machine and created. 


2 comments :

  1. oh, I didn't see your tree before. I've been making leaves to do a tree of many colors too... maybe I should rethink mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************