Thursday, May 11, 2017

I Like Thursday: Fun and Games


I like my new kitchen scale.  My previous scale got dunked - I wasn't thinking.  Water is never a good thing with electronics.  The old scale eventually turned on, after I jab the button a dozen times.  I told Rob how bummed I was, and to please keep his eye out for a new one.  This arrived on our doorstep two days later (the guinea pig was an add-on).  Love that.  I may have to wish for things more often....




I like hand crafted cards.  At some point I noticed these are cheaper than Hallmark cards; a heck of a lot more interesting, too.  So I've been steadily replacing my stash of greeting cards with what I find at craft fairs.  Aren't these neat?





I like my latest creations.  I was asked to make a shoe bag.  I ended up lining the black and white one because the fabric was a bit more sheer than I realized.  (Another vintage fabric - I really like this pattern, too.)  Then I got crazy with the hot pink and green floral combination - a shoe bag and another knot bag.  Just because.

The pink fabric came with the Singer 15-91.  I've had it set aside from my quilt stash because I wasn't sure of the fiber content.  I spent some time yesterday reading about fabric burn tests.  I plan to test it this weekend to see if it's all cotton.  Should be a fun experiment.

I like Game Day.  Friends of mine host an afternoon of good company, food, and games.  I played Chronology Junior, Qwirkle and Codenames.  I'm glad Chronology was the kiddie version - I lost terribly, but I learned some history!

If you enjoyed my likes, there's more I Like posts over at Not Afraid of Color.

8 comments :

  1. I use our scale all the time! Although mine didn't come with a cute piggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those knot bags! I'm going to have to try making one. Handcrafted cards are nice, too. I have a bunch from a friend who is a painter. They always come in handy when you need to write someone a special note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those bags!! I've taken to making some of my own cards, the ones in the store are too expensive!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow does that pig weigh 919 lbs lol! I like hand made cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no feelings about kitchen scales, but your guinea pig made me swoon. SO ADORABLE. How many do you have? What is his name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Cute piggy! Love your colors for the shoe bags, so pretty.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piggy in a bowl :)
    I've made several cards as part of my drawing/painting adventure. Each is one-of-a-kind - and either not very good at all or else Hey! That worked well! - so I only send the better ones and then only as Very Special Occasion cards. I do buy art cards quite often, and then can't bear to part with them. When I worked in offices, my bulletin boards were little galleries of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post! I too gravitate to the handmade cards. It's not a craft I enjoy myself but so love the ones others make. Your pet is so cute! mary in Az.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************