Monday, October 30, 2017

Checkerboards



Although there were a ton of checkerboard squares to do (160), they assembled pretty quickly.  I had a big pile of them all chain stitched together.  They required less trimming everything else I've done so far.  I'm sick of trimming and still have a ways to go!




The most interesting thing for these pieces was the ironing.  Instructions were to snip (I just pulled apart) the middle of the four-way joined seam so that all seams could be pressed towards the right.  I liked how it turned out.

Birds of the Air mini-block is next - then I get to start assembling the quilt.  I can't wait!

Sharing with Linky Tuesday.


1 comment :

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************