Thursday, May 16, 2019

I Like Thursday: Sewing, Cooking, Videos

Knowing that I'm now using an older machine for all my projects, a friend of mine sent me this story of a sewing machine that nearly burned down the house.  Yikes!  I've started to unplug my Singer when I'm done with it instead of just turning off the light.  Thanks for the good advice!  It's good to have friends that look out for me.

I have no idea how I found this recipe for chicken stroganoff.  Mom used to make beef stroganoff when I was a kid, but I almost never buy beef.  So when I saw this recipe I was intrigued.  And the spices!  this is not like any stroganoff I'd tried before.  It is delicious and easy to make (we had it for dinner Tuesday night).  




I never knew that lettuce juice was so dark green!  Mabel was sporting quite the Fu Manchu.  What a face!



Rob had sent me this link, which is pretty funny.  He later found the original video (sorry, it won't play embedded in the blog), which I think is even better!  Gotta love Bollywood!


More blocks done!  There's even another two ready to photograph (as soon as I finish the third one - maybe today!).


Little bits of good stuff.  I hope they made you smile.  There's more goodness at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


10 comments :

  1. What a beauty your old Singer sewing machine is. Such a fun video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at fu manchu...oh man she makes me smile!!! Your blocks are lovely! So glad you are unplugging your machine!! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that chicken stroganoff looks so yummy--but, oh my those calories per serving--it would be a treat for sure...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your old machine. I usually plug mine into a serge protector but right now none of them are plugged in. LOL Mabel. Wherever did you find you pattern for your NYB blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a look at that recipe link...thanks, definitely on my list to make. I love sweet paprika, btw, if you would like to try a new spice.
    Yikes, I unplug my iron all the time because I'm afraid the dogs might upset it somehow. But I never thought of the sewing machine...I keep two plugged in!
    Those blocks continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally! Oh that Fu Manchu - Mabel's working it! And CHICKEN stroganoff - never heard of that but will check out the link. And speaking of Bollywood - I saw a trailer for the movie Yesterday which is by the makers of Slum Dog Millionaire which looks so good. This went on my list of movies to catch this summer or whenever it is released. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sewing friend had a small fire after leaving her machine plugged in, so I started unplugging my machine/iron/light too. Love the quilt blocks...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the recipe - it looks good! The photo of Mabel is hilarious! Who knew lettuce was so juicy? I love seeing the updates of your NYB blocks, too - that is going to be an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great list. I would like that stroganof right now.Mabel is a beauty, even if in older age she's growing a beard...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I printed the recipe-can't wait to try chicken stroganoff! What beautiful blocks! Thanks. mary

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************