Monday, September 16, 2019

Traction

My sister's quilt has been languishing.  It's not right.  My sister will be the first to agree.  (And at this rate she'll finish my chair mat before I finish her quilt!)  I finally started to work on the backing.  I had ideas, but upon laying them out, I wasn't fond of any of them. 

Back to the drawing board. 

The idea was to lengthen the backing with a  minimum number of seams.  Well, that's not happening.  On the plus side - this will give one last hurrah for a number of the leftover fabrics.  Unfortunately I cut a few of them into strips too small to cut a 6" square.  But who says all the blocks on the back strip need to be the same width?  So I jammed in a few of our favorite colors with whatever width was left. 


Sew this together, insert it into the backing then I can sandwich this baby.  I've been admiring lots of pretty quilting patterns.  Time to get into freemotion mode.  Ooh! 


2 comments :

  1. Why, I think you make up the rules. =) Sooo exciting, you are nearly up to sandwiching this beauty together and then it's the quilting....WOW! I really, really cannot wait to see this amazing quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to just let go of the rules on a quilt back. I think this is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************