Thursday, October 24, 2019

I Like Thursday: Fall Ball, Fog and Faucet

I ended a rough crazy week of work with a day of dancing.  Oh, the Fall Ball!  Great music.  Fun dances.  Lots of happy twirling people...

and twirling skirts.

Health issues kept me from dancing as much and as long as I wished.  I was grateful to last as long as I did.  And while I rested I got to spend time with friends.  Listen to the music.  Watch the people dancing.


My turn for pastries!  Rob managed to lose count of dances and skipped me for some cute little southern gal.  She was a delight to dance with, so I could fully understand how he said yes to a dance before he remembered me.  LOL.

We need to stop forgetting dances with each other or we're going to get fat. 


Pizza!  Yum.  We haven't made pizza since we've moved.  In the process, we discovered our smoke detectors work.  Not sure if that belongs in this post or not....  But it's good to know they will wake the dead if need be.


I took Monday off.  We went out for breakfast in the morning.  The fog and the fall colors were so pretty together.  Hard to take a proper photo of it.  This looks more muted than it did in person.



We replaced the kitchen faucet on Monday.  The old one had been dripping, plus I like a kitchen faucet with one handle (instead of two).  Getting the old one hardware was a struggle.  But assembling the new one was easy.  Whew!

Did you see?  I've started quilting.   Huzzah!

Thanks for dropping in.  I hope you're enjoying your week.  But wait!  There's more!  Check out Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday

9 comments :

  1. Great vantage point for videoing the dance. Lovely picture with the leaves and the fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dance definitely looks like fun - sorry to hear you couldn't dance as much, though. Hope you're feeling better now! Homemade pizza - yummy! I have that same faucet for my kitchen sink - I really like the pull-out spray nozzle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! I love the dancing photos and video! HAHA - I'm glad your smoke alarms work . . . and I hear you about waking the dead. Seriously though, if needed you would want them to awaken you. The pizza looks yummy. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I hail from a province known for fiddle music and dancing, I loved your little video. Twirling skirts indeed. Homemade pizza is the best, but you can do without alarm audio with it, I know. I too love a pull out nozzle for the sinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we need a lot of house repairs all of a sudden including a new kitchen faucet. I like the modern one you chose, who makes it? Loved the video... made me miss dancing. The ones here are so far away
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a terrible time with two handle faucets. My bathroom faucets are like that and I always struggle with on/off and hot cold. It doesn't help that one of them is threaded the wrong way... So fun to see all those dancing people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dance looks so fun! I have just one on my kitchen faucet too. So much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video is amazing. I would be quite intimidated since it looks complicated. I like the fact that people are changing partners throughout the dance - fun!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************