Thursday, October 31, 2019

I Like Thursday: Halloween

Happy Halloween!

I love this old Lanz dress.  I bought in the late '90s as a Halloween costume.  I trot it out every 7-9 years when I dress up as Mother Nature.  Most of the leaves on the hem I picked from the yard earlier that evening.  I feel a little guilty stapling them to such a nice dress!  I lost about a dozen leaves at the dance.  Said I was shedding.  It's Fall, after all!

Lots of people liked the dress the Halloween dance.  Very retro.  It has a wonderful full skirt - so it was fun to dance in.

There were lots of terrific costumes there.  Black cats and witches.  Several kitted out pirates.  An aviator.  Beetlejuice.  Johnny Cash.  A pair that came as Ursa Major and Minor - those were really cool.  It's fun to see people's creativity.

The view from the couch is wonderful.  Again, another rainy day brightened by the fall colors.

Rainy days are great for baking!  So when I got my butt off the couch, I headed for the kitchen.

Someone brought a big box of bananas to the dance.  Couldn't pass up taking a bunch home - then I had to do something with them.  Banana bread.  Banana oatmeal cookies.  Yum.  Oh yeah, and a tote of apples became apple crisp.  Made for a cheery kitchen on a dreary day.



Rob sent me this recipe for chocolate pumpkin whoopie pies.  I must make them.  Soon!


Mabel, being a wuzz.

And quilting continues!

That's my likes for this week.  I'm sure there's more fall colors and pretty projects over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy.

9 comments :

  1. Hi Sally! Such a sweet shot of Mabel all snug in her nice warm bed. Your Halloween dancing dress is gorgeous and the leaves add just the perfect touch. Of course, your baking items always look yummy and tempting. It sure makes the house smell good, doesn't it? Plus it just seems warmer then as well. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving at you and Mabel! Love your dress and the leaves on it (plus a few dropping) are perfect for a halloween themed dance! Your baked goods look so YUMMY! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats a twirly skirt :) Although I was pondering my wardbrobe vs. my sewing abilities yesterday and am seriously considering A Life in Caftans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Mabel it is a cool, wet, rainy day, good day to hunker down. Great likes and your dress is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun dress! And it sounds like the dance was lots of fun, too. You do have a lovely view out your window! I love banana bread - need to make some. I'm feeling like Mabel these days - need to be wrapped up in a quilt much of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mabel... so cute. Great dress!!! I bet you twirl the skirt well. All that baking sounds terrific. Are you watching the great british baking show too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Halloween dress with falling leaves is inspired!
    You've been busy in the kitchen with the home baking, yummy.
    Adorable photo of Mabel; I just showed it to Tony and he said how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW on your view! You could be a fairy from Midsummer Night's Dream with that dress too! So pretty. Mabel, adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************