Saturday, May 2, 2020

Braiding

I sewed together my first strip for the braid quilt.  I had to make some adjustments to get the right length (calculations were correct - but I started measuring at the wrong point).

After that, I could see that I needed to reverse the starting point to get the pieces to line up how I wanted.  I'm so glad I didn't sew multiple rows at once or I'd have everything staggered.

The second strip came together just as I wanted.  Yay!  And now I know how I need to tackle the last two rows.  Once they're together, I'll need to assess border, batting and backing materials.  I suspect I won't have enough on hand to complete this.  It's looking pretty good so far.

Sharing with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict - Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

4 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely braid quilt...nice work You have a lot of pretty reds and blues in there...~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful red, white and blue braid! I especially love the depth you're achieving through all of the color variations of the red row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a lovely project. Glad you worked out there was something wrong before you got too far along. Happy Stitching :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************