Thursday, July 14, 2022

I Like Thursday: Now We Wait

Counter template has been done.  Now we wait for counters, trim, cabinet doors and two new cabinets that are back ordered.  Need to order tiles and handles.  I'm waiting, too, on my car's AC getting fixed.  All I can do is cross my fingers that nothing else goes amiss.  

I'm generally not a selfie person, but I finally got to wear the dancing tank top I "fixed" two years ago.  That's exciting stuff.  It went awesome with a skirt that nothing else I have goes well with.  Huzzah!  Added bonus, I got my hair chopped off earlier that day, which means I got the braided pigtails that makes me feel like a kid.  Oh, what a wonderful way to kick off the weekend.

I got several compliments and even had a person or two recognize my top from the original blog post.  Fun!  Great music, lovely dances, saw a few more people I haven't seen in years - it was a fun night.


Disgruntled robin is disgruntled.   But she built her nest barely four feet off the ground at the edge of the bush in front of the sunroom windows.   I try to steer clear but she's in a high-traffic area.

We've had the turkey family come by every few days.  They're so fun to watch.  Deer wander through daily.  I've startled buns and chipmunks regularly.  As long as they stay away from my veggie garden I'm okay with them. 

Ah, The Brokenwood Mysteries - you've out-Midsomered Midsomer Murders.  It's a lovely way to start the season.  I'm watching another episode as I type this.  Oh, yay!    

Just found out there's a new season of The Dragon Prince coming this fall.  Now I just need to find time to watch The Umbrella Academy.

Kind of a short post to share with I Like Thursday.  Most of the weekend was spent cleaning and errands, looking at tiles, although I did squeeze in a nice long paddle with my sister.  I've been trying to catch my breath this week (and trying not to let the waiting stress me out).  



8 comments :

  1. Every step that gets checked off for the kitchen is a step in the right direction! Your embellished tank top looks wonderful, and so glad you were able to wear it to dance in, as originally intended. Mama birds are so funny - they do have a tendency to pick strange places for their nests and then act like we're invading their space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely top, glad you got to wear it. Sounds like you had a good time. Birds are fun to watch, but sometimes they act a little wacky with where they build their nests. We have lots of trees and flowers in the yard giving them plenty of options of where to build nests and they often try to build them on the metal piece of the window from the crank in and out to open and close the windows. Silly birds.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top, you look very happy.
    It's a mystery why robins will nest so close to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun selfie!!! watching Brokenwood too.
    dancing... I remember dancing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your lovely embellished top! Embellished...such a lovely word. Takes a plain top to wow! =) Hope your ac gets fixed soon. I would imagine you are having the kind of weather that is need of a little cooling. I hope nothing predatory gets those robins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wyoming robins must be much more shy than some others. I never see nests. I know they are close, because I see the fledgings. But never have I spotted a nest!! So glad you got to go dancing and paddled with your sister! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally, I was thinking "it seems like you JUST decorated that cheery, flowery top!" but then realized with a little jolt that some things in my life seem to have been standing still for just about 2 years now. Anyway...I'm vicariously enjoying your kayaking and empathizing with your kitchen reno experience. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result, which will surely be worth the effort. It will be a very sweet day the first morning you walk into the kitchen you've envisioned, and know that the season of Workers In The House has passed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your selfie. You look great! I bet you can't wait until your kitchen is finished. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures! I love hearing about your dancing and kayaking! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************