Thursday, July 28, 2022

I Like Thursday: This Week's Crumbs

We've had another crummy week of mishaps and setbacks.  It's gotten old, we don't know when it will end, or how many more problems are yet to come.  Covid has now has postponed our counter installation (slated today) which we had dared to hope would result in a working kitchen.  I canceled going to the Cape for Family Weekend and visiting friends.  I had really been looking forward to that.  It may limit what we'll do for our birthday week.  And it jeopardizes having my mom come out so we can attend QuiltFest New England. 

Bad words.

Rob said he'd be interested with what I could possibly have to like this week.  Let's face it, we've had more bad than good this week.  However, so this doesn't spiral into a pity party and because Rob tells me I delight in defying him... here goes.

We've been trying to keep our humor.  Rob posted this sign on his door as soon as he got back with the positive results.  Remember the priest from The Princess BrideQwawantine.  Qwawantine is wot keeps us fwom being togevver today.  It's driven home how much I really like hanging out with him... it's been kind of lonely here while he quarantines. 

I am grateful, at least, that his symptoms were mild and he seems to be recovering quickly. 


I've not been to motivated to quilt with a chunk of the kitchen stashed in my sewing room and my ironing table blocking half my stuff.  But I've been rearranging my design wall and crumb quilting.  My past crumb patches have all colors mixed together, but I've seen some really neat designs of single colors.  I'm can see I work with a lot of blue, green, black and neutral/creams.  My yellows tends to be pale and golden.  Orange and purple are nearly non-existent.

I'll be starting another patch that has fabric that didn't fit a single category or colors that I have a ton of (navy blue and dark red).  Don't know what I'll make with them yet, but it's good mindless work for now.  

Trimming and ironing the pieces keep me busy as I catch up on all the crazy shows I like that Rob doesn't.  Honestly, I'd rather watch TV with him than alone, but there ya go.

Dakin has had a bunch of guinea pigs for fostering, but that's the last thing we need to take on right now.  To tide me over, a few guinea pig things popped up this week.  I got around to making some fleece tunnels, which are great for when we foster boars.  Added bonus - I finally cleared the floor if the pile of fleece and fabric I had set aside for this project.  

Sewing and guinea pigs - a reader sent me this link: guinea pig stuffed animal.  Isn't it cute?  I'm ordering the pattern.  Thank you for sharing!  It made my day.

I also came across this:  Coco the Guinea Pig is a world-record trick performer.  I'm impressed with the types of tricks, especially for the distance commands.  I've never had the patience nor a guinea pig with the interest to teach tricks, so I love seeing people who can.

Last, but not least, before I hand this over to Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday, I'll respond to this week's prompt:  what's my favorite summer "uniform"?  I live in capris (because my work chair is too scratchy for shorts).  I also love wrap pants if I want to feel boho/chic.  But the best thing about summer in these pandemic times?  No bra.  Only when I need to be presentable, which is so darned rare.

Gotta find that silver lining somewhere! 

Wish me luck for the week.  Or send chocolate. 

9 comments :

  1. Oh Dear. Sorry the virus has come home with you guys and impacted some of the best of get togethers. Also, it's terrible the delays that are happening with supply chains, etc. Can only say I hear ya.
    Fleece tunnel sounds so cozy...what a great thing to be stitching. It seems like everyone is pretty casual esp. around the house these days. I wear only capris in the summer time too. Hope things brighten up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this darn virus! It just won't go away. I'm so sorry it caused so much disruption for you. It's good to be able to find something humorous in the situation! Hope Rob is having a mild case. I love those string kites - they'll make a fun design! That Coco video is cool, too - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea that Rob could access the medicines... you made me laugh with the no bra thing! I can't let those things loose on the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Finding things to like isn't always easy but you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for Rib's good health

    The quilt on the wall reminds me of kites flying. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally! I hope Rob is feeling much, MUCH better soon. Thank heavens the symptoms are mild. Cases are rising here, too. I'm back to wearing masks when I go anywhere inside. Four more weeks and the students will be back in session. I suppose I'll need to return to masks when not at my desk. I sure do not want to bring it home to the littles or anyone else. Enjoy the weekend. I hope the quilt show still is viable for you and your mom. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even with all yu have going on, you did manage to find some likes. Love the guinea pig pattern. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally - sorry COVID is wreaking such havoc for you. I admire your willingness to share (problem shared is problem halved?) and to try and find the humor. Yeah, let's burn the bras!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Rob is feeling better soon. I know of a few people that have Covid lately. I'm wondering when it's going to be my turn. I don't want to get it! It sounds like you're keeping a positive attitude and are finding things to do. I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************