Thursday, October 20, 2022

I Like Thursday: Foolish Piggy, Finished Flimsies and Fabric

Not a lot of photos for this week's likes.  But I'll start out with the cute ones!  

The Dakin shelter emailed to say they have over 38 guinea pigs in care, most of them in foster.  They're looking for fun photos to post online, so we did a quick shoot with Mark.




He's a handsome, dopey boy.  I think he's lonely.  He's been getting louder and now pulls on my clothing when I pick him up.  But we may have him for a while if there's so many in the shelter. 


Finished my sea glass flimsy over the weekend.  Did you see?  I just finished the backing for it, too.   I need to pull together some batting, but maybe I'll sandwich it this weekend.  I plan to quilt a wavy pattern all over it.


Around Christmas time I bought myself a gift card for New England Fabrics (with a 25% bonus).  They have an anniversary sale in October - the perfect time to spend it!  I took Tuesday afternoon off - and look at what I picked up.  It was so weird buying fabric just for the heck of it rather than specifically for a project.  Most of this I selected on a whim.  Seven and a half yards.  Woot!

The drive up was beautiful:  classic New England views with the fall colors.  (I couldn't snap photos and drive at the same time!)

Went dancing on Friday and played Azul and hiked with a few friends on Sunday.  Lovely!

Edited to add - forgot all about this week's prompt:  favorite Halloween candy.  Anything with chocolate is my go-to.  We get no trick-or-treaters where we live now, so when I think Halloween, I think of this awful, evil, addictive Halloween Candy Corn Pretzel Bark.  I make a half-batch and it goes too quickly.

Overall, a great week.  Linking up LeeAnna and friends over at I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!



7 comments :

  1. that's a lot of pigs available... I think he's pulling at your clothes like kissing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea Glass is lovely and does resemble sea glass too! Love your haul and the little calendar star! Ned takes tiny nips on my arm when he wants attention. I think you had a great week too with nice outings. Enjoy the weekend now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Mark's forever home! He's such a cutie, somebody will love him.
    Happy Dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you need to foster a little buddy for Mark! 😉 Pretty fabric bundle, and sounds like an enjoyable day, too. Oh that candy corn bark does look evil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there were shelters for Guinea pigs. That seems like a lot in the shelter. How long will you be fostering? Love all the pretty colors of the fabric you got and it sounds like you had a fun wkend get away.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea, either, until someone told me about it. I thought shelters were just for cats and dogs. I'll foster Mark until he gets adopted. I think my longest foster was for 3 months.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear that Mark is doing well and will be with you for awhile. You got so much nice fabric! It's fun sometime to buy fabric just because you like it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************