Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Like Thursday: Lots of Colorful Stuff

Welcome to my I Like Thursday post as I join up with LeeAnna and her crew with some good stuff of the week (check them out the other likes at Not Afraid of Color).  I have lots and lots of photos this week - and this was after i weeded out so many of them.

We've had a few warm days in the last week and I'm squeezing in whatever kayaking I can.  The first day was so calm, the water was like glass.  Look at the color!

The reflections were marvelous.  I went out again yesterday - very pretty but a lot choppier.  I'm hoping for a few more days like this before it gets too cold.  

 

 


Take a look at this walking stick!  Rob found it on the step when we came home from running errands.  I'm glad he has sharp eyes.  It's a strange looking critter, isn't it?

I returned to Tully Lake with a friend on Saturday - another gorgeous day.  This time we headed towards Long Pond.  We hiked up to Spirit Falls (which was quite a climb... but not much water falling), then along a ridge.  

The views from up there were wonderful.  The photos don't do it justice.  Some spots were in full autumn color and other areas were still quite green.


We took a break at this vista to soak in the scenery and the sun.  The path down was a lot less steep than going up (thank goodness!).

Once off the ridge, we walked around Long Pond.  Where it was breezy at the top, the wind was calm at the pond. 



Can you tell I was fully enamored with the water and the trees?


Check out the wavy lines on this rock.  The ridges stuck out maybe a quarter of an inch.  So unusual.


I've brought in some of the fall colors indoors!  My mother finally found a sweatshirt she liked, so I've started working on it.  The leaves look so big on this shirt - I may need to make some smaller?  We'll see what it looks like after I play with it for a while.


Look!  Look!  I finally won a blue ribbon at Topsfield Fair!  I was so thrilled when a friend of mine posted this photo on Facebook.  The little storm at sea heart won second place (not bad - I got docked points on a wavy flange on the binding).  My mother picked up the quilts on Tuesday and read off the comments (boy, they noticed every little thing I did wrong!).


The current quilt is coming along.  I'm really liking the colors.  One more round of paper piecing to go, then I can do a final layout.  I already have ideas for the backing.  Now I need to start dreaming up how to quilt it!


Mark went back to the vet for a checkup.  His respiratory infection had cleared up.  I managed to talk the vet to drop off the antibiotics after 10 days because they were upsetting his digestive system so much.  What a difference.  His appetite is back with a vengeance (and he makes so much noise!).


And of course a trip to Dakin also means a trip for pastries.  This week's prompt is about snack food.  This box is obviously not snack food, but when you're talking about comfort food, there's something soothing about chocolate and pastry cream!

I normally snack on chocolate and nuts (and whatever goodies I've baked up recently), but if I'm writing documentation or something is really dragging at work I go for crunchy stuff like popcorn or pretzels.  

Whew! that was a long post! 


7 comments :

  1. You found some beautiful fall color, Sally! The first photo with the reflection on the water is just amazing. Glad little Mark is so much better, and those pastries look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is a stunning quilt. The new one is a beauty as well. Gorgeous photos.

    Oh dear, that was fun reading about Mark thinking he is your love one until I read, "vet." lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Gorgeous photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah! I want a box of goodies too! So beautiful your area is! Your photos are astounding. Glad the pig is well, I suspected Nurse Sally would help him

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enlarged your photos to enjoy and they are wonderful. Those reflections are fabulous. What a backdrop for the kayaking. Neat Walking Stick insect...I've gotten a photo of one here and I found it fascinating. Congrats on the blue ribbon and your present piece is really coming along. So happy tiny Mark is well and thriving. What a box of goodies there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally! Look at the gorgeous color and the calm water! WOWEE that looks peaceful. I'm so glad you can take advantage of these last few nice days. We all know what's ahead . . . Hmm. I wonder what made those ridges on the rock. Very interesting. Congrats on the blue ribbon!! How exciting. Enjoy your weekend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful colors of Fall! I love your pictures. So glad to hear Mark is doing better. He's in good hands! Congratulations on the blue ribbon. My daughter went and took pictures. I'll have to see if your quilt is among them. That pastry looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************