Thursday, October 6, 2022

I Like Thursday: Feels Like Fall

I attended the Newburyport Chocolate Tour with my mother on Saturday.  Always a fun time and nice chocolate.  Every year I look forward to stopping at the Garrison Inn to see their tea rooms.  Look at all those pretty teacups! 



I've not seen the Evil Dead movies - I started and ended with Army of Darkness (which is always good for a laugh!).  They made a musical out of the movies?!?  I can't even imagine.  But it made me laugh to see it will be running at the Firehouse Theater.


There were so many lovely shops to visit and even more lovely baubles I wanted bring home with me.  I purchased a few cards made by a local artist.  These socks amused me - I took the photo for the ones on the right because I knew Rob would laugh at them.

Mark had a rough weekend with the antibiotics, but has been feeling better the last few days.  I'm thrilled he's eating hay again.


I'm thrilled to start this quilt.  I had intended to start this in August - but that was a wash along with September.  Oy!  I finally cut and started piecing last night.  I'm always most nervous at this point - I've pulled colors and have an idea, but am not sure if I'll create what I've envisioned.  Already the color scheme seems to have shifted.  So we'll see what happens as I start piecing more of it together.

This week's I Like Thursday prompt is apples.  I don't tend to eat raw apples, except occasionally with peanut butter.  But baking with apples?  Yes, please!  Apple crisp is always delicious.  And I have a favorite recipe for apple sausage pie.  I made one this week!



9 comments :

  1. Pretty tea cups, oh chocolate sounds yummy and fun. Cute socks. The musical just has me wondering at this point in time. LOL Glad you got some sewing time in, what a cute GP. Oh and your apple sausage pie sounds fabulous. I saved off the recipe to try someday when I am not transitioning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty display of teacups! And hilarious socks, too! I'm glad little Mark is hanging in there. Pretty and cool colors in your new quilt project! Apple sausage pie - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are great!! Made LOL and I needed that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful teacups. I had a good laugh at the socks, too. Apple sausage pie?!? Sound so unusual but intriguing! My husband would never go for it but I want to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny two things you mention happened to coincide with my day. I was out with Jack, my 18 year old grandson. I looked at a puzzle featuring tea cups in Indigo had it in my hand and almost bought but remembered I want to do a Jane Austen one next..and Jack mentioned the Evil Dead movies, talked quite a lot about them and thought I would like them. I am going to check them out. Loved the sayings on the socks...funny. 9 wine wine. :) Oh also so happy poor little Mark is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea cups are so beautiful. I have a collection of odd cups and saucers but I love them all. We eat apple slices after a hike...sweet and gives you a boost of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to Newburyport in ages. I used to love to go there and poke around in the shops. Love the teacups! Those socks are pretty funny! Happy Mark is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally - glad little Mark is better! We have a thing in our family for socks - there are ALWAYS some exchanged at Christmas, and the funnier, the better. These are good candidates! I could eat apples all day long, raw or in any form. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those teacups are lovely! The socks made me laugh (I need the pair on the right). Apples and PB? That's a new one to me!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************