Friday, August 19, 2011

More Bertie Badness

Bertie has been a pit since she came back from the vet.  Her weight continues to fluctuate.  I thought it might be due to the bactrim, but she was on a low dose and I've never had a pig have issues taking it.  However, when she hit 917g last week, I started hand feeding her Critical Care.  Amazingly, she took it.  Not with the gusto of Willow or Pinni, but she ate it without requiring me to pin her down first.  However, that only lasted for a day or two.  Now it's a struggle to get more than a ml or two into her.  Bad pig!

She's up to 958g today.  Still a long ways from the minimum 1030g I want her to be at.  I really don't want to call the vet and haul her in again, especially since we really don't know what's wrong with her.

At least she was taking her meds like a good girl:



No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************