Friday, August 5, 2011

Canvas Runner

I can sew and make my Sculpey ornaments, but drawing/painting has never been my strong suit.  My sister, Pamela, inherited the that talent.  She does some amazing stuff with watercolors.  I own several of her paintings.  She also works with oils, acrylics and lately, paper.  I know - not really painting - but check out this card she sent to me last month.  All bits of paper.  I don't think I could do that!  It's pretty cool. (Kripalu chicks -- recognize it?)

Much of Pamela's work is framed watercolors and cards, but she has done some larger pieces - murals and a few canvas rugs/floor coverings.  The rugs are made from sheets of painter's canvas, painted and the coated with polyurethane. 







This summer, she had been working on a hall runner that was commissioned by an aunt.  She unveiled her work at our family reunion this weekend.  Pam had described it to me, but her description didn't do it justice.  I think the colors are striking;  the faux marble in the middle looks so neat.  My favorite part was the gold and red diamonds around the edge - I think they just pop.  And the fleur-de-lis just make it look so royal.  She does beautiful work!
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************