Friday, March 27, 2015

Irish Soda Bread

Last year I saw a recipe for Irish soda bread in the local paper and baked a loaf.  It had been years since I had made soda bread.  Along with corned beef and cabbage, it's the St. Patrick's day thing to do.  When March rolled around this year, I googled a recipe and made another loaf.

Why don't I make this more often?  It's an easy recipe and goes great with a cup of tea.  (In fact, as I wrote this, I had the urge to toast up another slice.)  It doesn't have seasonal ingredients like peach cobbler or strawberry jam.  And it's not time intensive (like Easter candy... only a week away!).  Heck, this bread doesn't even have to rise.  And yet, once this loaf is gone, it will probably be next March before I make another.  Go figure.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************