Thursday, August 20, 2015

Zucchini

As I've said before, zucchini is not my favorite veggie straight up.  It needs to be baked into goodies, or breaded/fried/marinated to make it edible.  All of my guinea pigs over the year have held the same opinion of raw zucchini.  If I left ends in their cage, they would remain untouched until I threw them out.  And who could blame them?  From what I've read, lots of guinea pigs have the same attitude (often to the despair of owners faced with a bumper crop of zucchini).

Then there's Cannoli and Boadicea.


Zucchini?  Love the stuff.  I knew Cannoli is a bit odd, but I was surprised when Boadi nabbed a slice after barely sniffing it.  She eyeballs most everything I give her as if I'm trying to poison her.  But this?  Gone.  She didn't even wait to see if Noli liked it.

So now I know, if I buy a zucchini that won't all fit into a bread or cake recipe, the leftover bits won't go to waste.


1 comment :

  1. Yours must be the first pigs I've heard of who enjoy it. My pigs refuse to touch the stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************