Saturday, August 22, 2015

Forget Me Nots

A friend of mine wanted a name tag - blues and greens with sandpipers or forget-me-not flowers.  I'm always amazed how I have something in mind, but as I start working on it, it takes on a life of it's own.  This happens with my quilts all the time.  It happened with this name tag as well.

I decided sandpipers were out of my range, so I made the background sand colored, instead.  Then I focused on the forget-me-nots.  They were a bit trickier than I thought, but I eventually got a close approximation.  I even managed to work in the sandpipers (or rather, their tracks on the sand).

Not too bad.  She loves it.  I used a new type of pin in the back, and reinforced it (my last name tag snapped in half).  I hope it wears well!


1 comment :

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************