Saturday, July 23, 2016

Mug Rugs

I feel like a "real" quilter now:  I left the 99K set up for sewing seams and used my 714 for freemotion quilting.  Whee!

Before I finished Mom's pillow, I whipped up some mug rugs.  It had been a while since I had done freemotion, so I decided to warm up with my two mini New York Beauty blocks.  I was much more confident tackling the pillow after quilting these.

The third mug rug is from leftover home decor fabric.  It's a never ending pile (although I'm really down to a just handful) - mostly selvedges and one 9x10" piece.  I threw in a piece of frankensteined batting and voila!  another mug rug.  Oddly enough, this one is my favorite of the bunch.  Not sure what I'll do with the other two.


2 comments :

  1. Wellll...you could put them in your etsy shop? Just sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is coming... only 5 more months....

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************