Thursday, July 21, 2016

They're All Mine

A pan of frozen blueberries
Blueberries.  I haven't been able to eat them in a while.  Absolute sadness - they're my favorite berry.  So I didn't make the pilgrimage to my parent's house last summer to pick them from the enormous blueberry bush in their back yard.

But this summer they don't seem to bother me.  I visited my parents last weekend and behold!  the blueberry bush had started to produce.  My mother and I braved the warm weather and picked.  And picked.  I brought home a quart of these lovely little beauties.  I froze most of them.  The large handful I didn't freeze disappeared this morning.  Once the weather cools, there will be blueberry cake!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad you can enjoy blueberries again! I've got half a yogurt container in the fridge right now - actually, not anymore, because every time I open the fridge I have to have a little handful. LUXURY.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************