Thursday, October 12, 2017

I Like Thursday: Art

A busy weekend, not feeling well, dealing with Boadicea's ailments (she seemed a little better yesterday) and making more tomato sauce has pretty much sucked up all my free time.  I have stuff I want to blog about - just not enough time to sit down and write!

But it's Thursday - and I'm looking forward to joining Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  It's a bright spot of the week, focusing on some of the simple things that make life worthwhile.

I like my pumpkin lights.  Went to hang them up lights didn't work.  Sadness.  But Rob got a new string and they look good as new!

(I also like that I have birdies at my window feeders.)

I liked the Paradise City Art Festival.  This is where I lost a good chunk of my weekend.  I spent time with my mom and sister gawking at all the beautiful art.  I wanted to take so much of it home with me.  So much bling.  Crazy needle-felted clothing that was gorgeous (it was technically called "wearable art" - which it really was).  Lots of neat ceramics and outdoor art.  We managed to cover all the booths in three hours.  I'm sure if we'd gone back through it we'd have seen all sorts of stuff we missed.

It was all spectacular, but one artist's stuff I found mesmerizing.  James Borden makes these amazing wooden clocks.  I must have stood for a few minutes, jaw dropped, watching one of his clocks.  Excellent stuff.

I had donated Stained Kites to a local charity months ago, but it turns out they won't be able to raffle it until March.  So they asked me if I'd like to have it back until the date.  It's hanging in my sewing room.  I had forgotten how much I liked this piece.  Time to be inspired again!

Thanks for dropping by - be sure to check out the other I Like posts.


8 comments :

  1. we hope to go to the big high end craft show this weekend and will greatly miss them in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    I love your pumpkin lights, and I'm really glad Rob got them working for you. The are some season fun for sure! Your stained kites quilt is really lovely. I'm glad you get to enjoy it a few more times before it is raffled off. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story about pumpkin lights. Several decades ago before these lights were common, my then husband (who is still a good friend) went on a business trip. His colleague bought his wife a tennis bracelet (also a kind of new thing at the time) and my husband bought me pumpkin lights and a Harrowsmith cookbook. I was delighted with both but esp. the lights.
    Wow, stained kites is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pumpkin lights, too! We saw some last night on our evening walk - so fun! Your kites quilt is beautiful! How nice to get to have it back for awhile. Hope you and Boadi are both feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear Boadi is still holding her own. Love the colour in your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stained glass quilt is lovely! i hope you are on the mend soon and that Boadi is too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stained glass quilt is fabulous. The art show sounds great. It is always inspiring to see the works of clever artists. Those pumpkin lights add a touch of whimsy to your window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wooden clocks are indeed amazing! Sounds like a great fair. Rhinebeck is coming right up which gives me a little twinge of want-to-be-there-ness, but heck, I didn't even make it to the Vermont fair this year. Oh well, thank goodness for bloggers who go places and share :)
    I hope Boadi continues to feel well...I know that watchful feeling very well.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************