Monday, February 26, 2024

Family Time

The continuing adventures of Laylla and pups - my foster guinea pigs from Dakin Humane Society.

I don't know if it was because I knew Laylla was pregnant (so I was anticipating the babies) or because Laylla had three of pups, but I am spending way more time watching them than I did watching Banzai a few years ago.  I've actually pulled a chair next to the cage so I can sit and watch.  And they are entertaining!

I'm currently calling the trio Snap (Baby One), Crackle (Baby Three) and Pop (Baby Two).  Crackle is the biggest and has the most attitude - which is why he got the biggest name.  Snap is quick and smart, and Pop is noisy.  

Nothing brings guinea pigs together like food!  The pups are often packed under Laylla and have also been digging into the hay and pellets (which is best eaten from inside the bowl).  Snap has had a fascination with ceramic for a day or two - I'd often hear his teeth clinking on the sides of the bowl.


The pups have been very interested in Laylla's lettuce and have tried nibbling a bit of that, too.

I will often find them all snuggled up together.  They hay rack is a favorite spot.  And I can't find any of the pups, they'll be piled together in the tunnel.

They're adorable all together, aren't they?

5 comments :

  1. They ARE adorable - I can see how they'd be fun to watch! I love the names you gave them, too. I was wondering how long it was before the pups ate solid food - not too long at all, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all super adorable! Great names, perfectly suited to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. I don't think I've ever "known" a guinea pig personally. I like this little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! You seem to have a knack for naming.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************