Thursday, February 29, 2024

I Like Thursday: Leaping Into March

Happy Leap Year Day (is that a thing?).  It's time for me to link up with LeeAnna's I Like Thursday.  

Top of the list of my likes is guinea pigs (and I'm sure you'll agree).  We're fostering again and it turned out Laylla was pregnant.  Last week she had three beautiful little babies!  I'll get to keep them until at least the middle of March - but I'm sure they'll be adopted quickly after that.

It's been a hoot.  We have hosted a pregnant guinea pig before, but she had only one pup that lived with three older sows.  This time around we have a solo sow with three little pups.  It's a very different dynamic this time around.

Finally attended a get-together with friends that had been postponed twice in January.  The day started with troubleshooting a twangy piano, then moved onto a walk in the woods and trying out a couple of new games.  It was delightful to catch up with good company.

I went to a memorial service in which I was introduced to the song Code Monkey.  It made several of us chuckle.  It was fitting way to end the service for such a joyful, kind person.


I'm quilting!  Two more Project Quilting projects completed for Inside Out and Hourglass.  I'm in the design and yardage calculation phase on two more quilts, plus currently quilting the Rick-Rack quilt.  Whew!

And my taxes are done - without owing an arm and a leg.  Just about a perfect month (if only there had been enough snow to go skiing).  




5 comments :

  1. Getting together with friends is always good. A simple pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wonderfully entertained by your piggy posts this week, Sally! I bet they're growing fast. So glad you were able to get together with friends, too! And hooray for taxes being done. I'm working on my mom's now, and getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! Do the little pups have names yet? They look so cute and sweet. You've been in a finishing up mood - yay to having your taxes behind you plus a couple of PR projects, too. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit stiff thinking about crawling under the piano like that. Whew, trying to get up could be a challenge. Getting together with friends is always good for the soul. Yeah for getting things finished up, that always feels good.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just reminded me that I need my piano tuned! So nice you finally got to see your friends. I love seeing the baby GP! I'm still waiting for a few things before I can get my taxes done. I never look forward to taxes. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************