Saturday, February 3, 2024

Laylla and Negrita

 

We're fostering again!  Two girl guinea pigs from Dakin Humane named Laylla and Negrita.  We picked them up yesterday.  They're settling in quite quickly - much faster than our last pair of piggies.

Laylla has very round eyes that make her look like she's constantly surprised.  She seems very sweet.  She also appears very pregnant.  Adult pigs can be bulgy, but she bulges in an odd way and she's gained over 2 ounces in two days.  Could be stress eating... but we'll see.  I'm kinda hoping she stays with us at least a few weeks. 



They other piggy is Negrita.  I love the little black face with her black and white whiskers.  She's a little bulgy - reminiscent of how Bolt looked.  Negrita is a lot smaller than Laylla which makes me wonder if she's Laylla's daughter.

They already come to the side of the cage to see what I have for them, and have wheeked at Rob when he crinkled a plastic bag.  No fear of making demands!  Laylla has certainly made clear who is in charge around here.


5 comments :

  1. I'm happy to see more furry little faces on your blog again - I hope you'll have these two (or possibly even more? yikes!) for a good while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have a pregnant one about. I do hope if she is, that you are going to have the joy of helping her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they cute?! I've never been around guinea pigs much, but they sure seem to have unique personalities. Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got new fosters! I love seeing what they're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these two are so sweet. I love how you describe their personalities. I'm so happy to see you are fostering again as their little faces always put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************