Saturday, April 16, 2011

NEFFA - Friday

For my non-dancing friends - NEFFA is the New England Folk Festival Association.  The actual festival is simply called NEFFA as well - a weekend of dancing and music and crafts all rolled up together.  I go primarily for the dancing. 

I volunteered for setup duty, which was a bit crazy this year.  Normally, the setup starts on Thursday in time for the opening on Friday evening.  However, since the Mansfield school was still in session this week, the earliest we could get in was at 2pm on Friday - just hours before the festival began.  Dragged around and put together staging, tons chairs, tables, coat racks.  By the time I got into my dance clothes, I was already sore and tired.  But nothing like a bit of dancing to feel better (well, until I tried rolling out of bed this morning).  Its hard not to dance when music is so high-energy!


I'm always amazed at the number of people that come to NEFFA, from all over the place.  There are two main dance halls (this is the high school gym).  Friday night tends to be a smaller crowd than Saturday but there was already a good showing by 9pm.  There are people I only get to see once a year at this event.  Its always great to see a friendly, familiar face.  And NEFFA is a great opportunity to discover new dancers that you love to dance with.


Need to fix up my feet and do some stretches - another day of dancing today!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************