Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Serendipitous Cookies

Bag o' cookies -- with several missing

Mmm...  Chocolate chip cookies.

Last week one of my coworker asked if I would please (please, please) demo a few of her topics for our sprint review?  What could she offer in trade for my help?  Half-jokingly, I said the first thing that popped into my head:  chocolate chip cookies.

It wasn't an entirely random thought.  When I was sick last summer, she had appeared on my doorstep one evening with some fudge a tin of homemade cookies.  It was such an unexpected gift.  The visit and the cookies were a bright spot after being cooped up for days.  Obviously, the cookies made an impression that stuck with me.

So, my fee for helping out was cookies.  She quickly agreed and the deal was struck.

Monday evening I got back from the gym to discover a bag of chocolate chip cookies on the kitchen counter.  Rob laughed when I walked in the room and stopped mid-sentence to exclaim: "Cookies!"  He had been instructed not to touch them.  The timing couldn't be better; it had been a grueling class.  I immediately set out to ruin any benefits of my workout with several cookies and a glass of milk.  Ah - what a way to end the day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************