Friday, May 16, 2014

Mixer Cover - Blogger's Quilt Festival

I am submitting my mixer cover to the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Regular readers have seen this project before (so skip reading, but please vote!).  The bound edges are over 80", so it's a little too large to be a mini quilt, but the piecing certainly was some of the smallest I've done.

My mom had requested a mixer cover for Christmas.  I had been wanting to try a double disappearing nine patch pattern I had found on-line.  This seemed liked the perfect opportunity to try it.  I made nine-patches from my stash of 2" squares, not realizing how tiny the final blocks would end up.  My blocks were about 4" square; the smallest parts are about 1/4" square.  Each panel of the cover was made from four blocks.



I used the instructions from the Heart of Mary tutorial for the cover itself.  It had a nice shape, plus I liked that it had a binding, so it's reversible.  Kind of silly, I guess, since I doubt if this cover will ever be reversed.  But the binding is a great accent to the whole piece.


Blogger's Quilt Festival Stats
Quilt Measurement:  panel 34x15"; ends 14x10"
Technique:  machine pieced and quilted
Category:  Small Quilts


Be sure to check out all of the amazing quilts submitted for the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


AmysCreativeSide

4 comments :

  1. Wow!! someday I hope to be good enough at quilting to make one of these!!! Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I might have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and the binding really goes well with the fabric. This has my vote.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************