Thursday, September 28, 2017

I Like Thursday: Some Quality Time

Last week was hectic.  I'm looking forward to a few weeks with not quite so much scheduled, to try and focus on the stuff that's gotten swept to the side. 

I like that I'm starting on Mom's quilt.  Not far, but it's progress.  I'm only cutting a single row of pieces first, then sew these few pieces.  I want to confirm they look right before I start some serious cutting.  I'm glad I did!  I already found one miscalculation.  Sheesh!

Speaking of quilts - I like that I won a raffle prize at the Blogger's Quilt Festival this year.  Yes!  I totally did a happy dance.





I was amused when Wedgwood spent some quality time with Rob.  I needed to clean the cage and didn't feel like corralling her or keeping an eye on her while I cleaned.  (Boadi was in the pigeon cage at the moment.)  I had Wedg sit on the couch.  He had to keep convincing her to sit still.  She's not one to sit still for long.  I'm surprised Rob persuaded her to stay as long as she did.




 I like candy corn bark (although a half batch is plenty).  It's sweet upon sweet.  Terrible stuff.  Yet I look forward to it every year.

This year I made the bark with candy corn I bought at the Hot Chocolate Sparrow.  What a difference!  I thought all candy corn is the same.  Nope.  This stuff tastes more like honey without being sickeningly sweet.  I'll have to go back next year - a new chick weekend tradition!


I like my new sage plant (leftmost plant).  My aunt pulled a chunk of it a massive sage in her back yard - another chick weekend goodie.  It seems to be happy in that pot.  I'm hoping I can bring it in and survive the winter.

I am also amused by a new volunteer with the basil.  It seems some kind of squash has started growing late in the season.  This happened last year, as well.  It will likely die off before producing any fruit, so I'll never know what it was.

That's my likes!  I hope you enjoyed them (especially if you try out that bark).  Be sure to check out the other things that make people happy over at Not Afraid of Color.


4 comments :

  1. What you are doing with your quilt is the part I hate...the measuring and cutting. I am not good at that. That is beautifully coloured fabric. I have never heard of candy corn bark...sounds like something Hubby with his sweet tooth would love. Lucky to have fresh sage and congrats on winning a Prize at the Bloggers Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I broke down and bought candy corn, I thought I must have lost my "talent" for eating it - it tasted so unpleasantly sweet and the texture was like wax. Maybe I was just eating the wrong candy corn!!
    Congrats on your raffle win! Confession: one of the reasons I enjoy doing little blog giveaways so much is because I LOVE winning things myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning a prize in the Blogger's Quilt Festival! Was it for A Season of Change? I love that one so much! Your candy corn bark looks very yummy, dangerously so! I love your stories about the guinea pigs - they are so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally,
    WOW - you won at Blogger's Quilt Festival?! How exciting is that?!! Your new quilt looks lovely - I love the colors. I hope to join you soon in posting the likes - I think that is a fabulous idea. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************