Thursday, February 15, 2018

I Like Thursday: Chocolate Browns

I like pastries.  Give me any kind of chocolate, pastry cream (or whipped or sweet cream), ganache, mousse, caramel, buttercream and I am a happy camper.  I stopped by White's to pick up treats for me and my Valentine.  They were delicious (and gone long before Valentine's Day).

I like that I'm living in a drape-free house.  With the latest Drapes of Doom modifications complete, they were finally shipped out on Friday.  Bon voyage!  I hope they've been all re-grommeted and ready to hang by tomorrow at The Flurry.

I like that I'm working on a quilt.  This one is primarily browns, creams and greys.  Actually, it has a lot of similar colors to that box of pastries.

I like figs.  Something my ex-husband got me into.  I just bought a container of them from Trader Joe's.  Yum.  And speaking of Trader Joe's - I like them too.  Do you have one near you?

Hmm... food and sewing.  Good stuff.  But now I'm hungry again!  Need to go occupy myself reading the other posts at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!


10 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    That box of pastries is making me hungry! It's way to early to be reading about delicious looking food - it's a LONG day before I can do anything to find something to compare to that. We do not have a TJ near us but I did visit them often when I worked in my old job. Happy Thursday to you, and can't wait to see the quilt you're working on. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Trader Joe's. Love them. It's one of the things that I'll miss when we retire, unless they've managed to expand to the gulf coast by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Trader Joe's here sadly. Love your treats..."continuous small treats" makes for a happy life remember. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trader Joes is about 30 miles North of me in the "fancy" neighborhood. But your pastries look yummy. Can't wait to see your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got the drapes done. I need to do some for the patio window, but I just can't face the weight of them or the boring long seams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need those pastries. What a great photo! Glad the drapes are done. They are so hard on the arms and shoulders when sewing. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy looking pastries - they sound like the perfect Valentine treat! I checked out your post about your new quilt - love the pretty and mellow colors. It is amazing how the simple nine patch block can make such a different design when you "disappear" it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those pastries look good enough to eat... I like your likes! Congrats on the drapery leaving, and the quilt and keep baking...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do have a Trader Joe's nearby. Only 3 miles away. I try very hard to only go once a month because they have so many goodies! One I discovered around Christmas was a Chocolate Babbka - oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pastries look scrumptious! Can't wait to see what you are sewing now! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************