Tuesday, April 16, 2019

NYB J Blocks

This is the last of the NYB patterns I printed out.  I still need more blocks for my sister's quilt.  The next ones I make will be a blend of patterns.  Several of the pieces are interchangeable.  I could modify a few pieces with my own design, too.  Let's see what happens when I swap them about!

I'm making the quilt based on a couple of different designs.  I just realized the design I was using to count blocks is one row longer than my quilt.  D'oh!  So instead of 20-24 blocks remaining, I'm down to a mere 16.  Plus I found a layout that matches what I want.  Even better!

Wow - I may be done piecing in May, then quilting in June.  I've warned my sister that although it should be done this summer, I may want to submit it to the Topsfield Fair.  In which case, she may not really get it until mid-October.  I've already had a few people encouraging me to enter it in the fair.  We'll see.  First things first - I need to finish it!

Sharing with Sew Fresh Quilts - Let's Bee Social

3 comments :

  1. Oh yes, you definitely have to enter this quilt into the fair. It is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is going to be gorgeous! Like the layout you found that is what you want to make. Looking forward to seeing this quilt. I have never made this pattern but my hubby loves NYB. My FPP skills are improving. Maybe I can make one of these someday ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************