Thursday, August 13, 2020

I Like Thursday: Frogs, Flora and Figurines

Continuing to enjoy what I can this summer.  

This pickerel frog was hanging out by the hose as I was filling my watering can.  I love the stripes on his legs.  Aren't those cool?!?  The colors are beautiful, too.

 

 

 

While walking I found these little Lego people on the road.  I moved them up to a  rock so they could have a better view.


More kayaking photos.  I tried out a Leverett Pond - which was lovely.  It was a nice size, not too weedy.  It's halfway between my place and my sister's.  We met there on Sunday and she approved, too.  We'll be back! 

 

Unlike Cranberry Pond, this had waterfront property.  Oh, some beautiful gardens.  What a view to have every day!  There was plenty of wild, rocky areas, too.  Lots of space to paddle.

 

Still in love with the water lilies at Cranberry Pond.  The white and the green.  


Just amazing. 

However, it has become so overgrown this week that it was difficult to maneuver.  I may have to go exclusively to Leverett Pond until the plant life starts to die back.

Working on my wavy quilting.  Yay!  Hopefully you can see what I've done so far.  The simple curves look pretty good.  The quilting follows some strings and not others, which I had planned to leave unquilted.  I had intended to quilt the black stripes.  But now?  I'm thinking of quilting in another direction on the unquilted spots and not quilting anything over the black.  I'm continuing to quilt the lower half as I brainstorm how to handle the rest of it. 

Squee!  Golden Orrery is on display at the Online Quilt Festival.  Be sure to check out the quilt galleries (Golden Orrery is under Traditional).  There are some seriously gorgeous quilts.

And when you're done with that, head over to Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday for more good stuff.


12 comments :

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous. The thinking about it process, what to do with what is creative energy well spent. The ponds look lovely.
    The heat up here in Vermont, there's cautions about green algae. It is refreshingly wonderful to see a normal pond with lovely scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pond photos are really lovely - that would be an amazing view to have from your home! Love the Lego guys - they made me smile. Your quilting is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool like for the day and super cool find by your hose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. moving the rock people around... love that! (I kind of miss being young and playing with dolls) and waterlillies... love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! I love the little Lego people. I know my two littles would spot them right away and think they were there just for them. HAHA! Your wavy quilting looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess that frog's mama didn't tell him "You can't mix polka dots and stripes!" Hahahaha! I would love to live on such beautiful waterfront property. We live on a pond (which they call a lake but I do not) but, from what I understand, it used to be a watering hole for cows in days gone past! Not terribly romantic. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a neat looking frog! He really blends into the background of where he lives, doesn't he! LOVE the water lilies! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ponds you kayak on are fabulous. Love your amphibian friend he is certainly handsome. LOL the Lego people. Love your quilt and the quilting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your wavy quilting, and it actually reminds me of the fantastic patterns all over the beautiful frog. We have toads with nice patterns, but not so nice as your frog. And fewer toads now that I have Blue who in spite of my admonitions seems to chase them away. Love all the pond pictures too-especially those beautiful lily pads!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your frog! Your pictures from kayaking are always beautiful! Where did those Lego people come from?? I saw your quilt at the Online Quilt Festival! It looks wonderful! That quilt looks like so much work. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too enjoy seeing frogs and toads and their interesting markings. I too love your pond photos and am envious of these outings.
    I just checked out Golden Orrery in all its splendor! Beautiful work and there is something about curves that I love in quilts. Your sister will be lucky to own such a wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt has me thinking of being in Hawaii. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************