Saturday, December 12, 2020

Foster Floor Time

My foster guinea pigs from Dakin, Panda and Mango, have so much energy!  There was much thumpa-thumpa-ing at random times day and night.  These guys were always curious and wonderfully people-oriented.  On the other hand... they got in each other's faces every so often.  So to keep the spats to a minimum and for extra entertainment, they needed floor time.  Any way to run off some of that youthful enthusiasm.

Panda and Mango were fearless!  Wood floors?  No problem.  So they went everywhere.  I sat on the rug, armed with a broom to keep them from wandering under the curio cabinet or towards the living room with all those tasty power cords.  

 

Unlike the last pair of fosters, these guys figured how to play with an egg-cersizer (and share it).  Once they understood that the egg dispensed more treats the more it was rolled, they stopped trying to steal each other's food and focused on the egg instead.  

They were most entertaining when the egg was empty.  They picked up speed and pushed that thing all over the place determined to get more celery. 

Floor time was a noisy affair.  There was lots and lots of talking, purring, rumblestrutting - the works!  I've seen the occasional ninja jump during a spat, but I've never seen it combined with peeing.  I must say, guinea pig boars spat differently than the sows.   

Mango decided the dining room wasn't big enough and took of exploring the front hall and the mudroom.  I'd look away for a second and suddenly be missing a guinea pig.  They got the bright idea the third night of floor time of heading in two different directions.  I think I got more exercise than they did!  I'd herd Mango back into the dining room to discover Panda had disappeared. 

Alas, this is my last post of Panda and Mango.  They were adopted yesterday.  We will miss them; they were a blast.  I hope they continue to get along with each other.  They looked for each other when separated and shared food and space well (which is saying a lot for guinea pigs).  Good luck, guys, in your new home!


4 comments :

  1. Thank you for posting the fun video! It made me laugh seeing them pushing the egg together. They are a cute pair

    ReplyDelete
  2. well even dh and I get into spats during the months of staying home! they are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panda and Mango were very entertaining! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you for that very cute video of two busy little cuties. I watched it twice...I didn’t realize how interactive they can be.
    Meanwhile, I enjoyed your Thursday post too. I like to use candied ginger in cookies too. In fact, I often zest some ginger in my tea as I think it is good for me. Enjoy your Christmas preparations, Sally.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************