Thursday, April 15, 2021

I Like Thursday: Visits

Having a fully vaccinated household and a fully vaccinated mother meant she could come to visit.  Which she did!  We even went out for dinner.  <gasp!>  Outdoor seating on a wonderful sunny, warm evening.

It was awesome.

My sister and nephew came up on Saturday to meet on our back deck.  It gave me a chance to return a wall quilt to her after I reblocked it.  That was a bit more complicated than I had anticipated (but with a happy ending).

We met up again on Sunday morning in Sunderland, and we walked by this old dilapidated house.  Doesn't it look like the perfect haunted house?  It was impressively intact for looking so run down.

Our daffodils went from green shoots to yellow blossoms overnight.  It's really starting to look like spring.  I also like that two sage plants managed to winter over after I was sure we'd killed them by weed-whacking them last fall.  Oops.

This week's YouTube find:  Model train and music.

I'm still in a mad scramble to stay on top of things with work and home.  And what am I going to do?  Add a foster guinea pig to the mix.  Rob will be picking him up this morning.  We had stored the cage in the sunroom over the winter, to make it easier to bring into the house if we fostered again.  We had just put it back in the basement on Saturday... so we had been anticipating a foster piggy to be available this week.  Isn't that how it always works?

Must dash.  Linking up with other small slices of happiness at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.



9 comments :

  1. I love that 'renovator's delight' of a house. Love too, where it is situated. How fabulous you were able to go out for dinner with your mum....it must have felt fabulous. Daffodils and family get togethers, life is looking up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to be with your mom and go out to dinner, too. Your daffodils are beautiful. Mine bloomed and then got snowed on! Looking forward to seeing the foster piggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! Oh, those old houses that have been neglected make me sad. I wonder and think about the people who used to live there and the stories it would tell. Yippee to being able to go out for dinner! I'll bet your Mom was thrilled. Enjoy that new foster piggy! Sounds like fun times. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being with family again. Oh old houses, which I own one there are times.....But is always sad to see them become so neglected. Enjoy the foster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so happy for you able to spend time with mom and family like that. And you are going to have a sweet little creature again to share some photos of. I enjoy seeing these old homes in fact follow a couple on Youtube who tour abandoned homes...I love to see the architecture and features. I know I'm weird! I don't think I'd want to be near that house on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that old house. I would so bring it back to life. That's the model I love best. Yay! For a household of vaccinated people. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that old house was a beauty at one time. It must be fun to foster guinea pigs. But it's probably hard not to keep them all! The weather was nice until yesterday! I had to clean off my car that was full of snow when I got out of work! Not in April!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the old house! There are probably great stories that took place inside a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************