Thursday, August 25, 2022

I Like Thursday: Ends and Beginnings

Let's see if I have time to whip out this week's I Like Thursday post.  

I tested negative for covid.  Yay! 

We're moving back into the kitchen!  Obviously that floor needs to be done;  the work starts on Friday.  All that's left is a few minor tweaks.  Loading everything back in the cabinets is taking a while since the layout has changed.


Plus we have the garage back to ourselves.  Unfortunately I have two months worth of cleaning to catch up on.  Oof. 

We've had the stove up and running since Friday.  I can't tell you how excited I was to cook up my first pot of chai in two months.  I baked, too, over the weekend, simply because I could.  It feels good to cook again.  It will be easier once I can find everything.


My outdoor tomatoes continue to be picked off, but the one plant I moved indoors is ripening nicely.  I'll be picking those this week!  My cucumber is starting to produce again, and I see peppers starting to grow.  My squash had tons of blossoms, but only two made it to being squash.  I'm hoping the chuck will leave them alone long enough to ripen.  I need to build a fence next year.


The deer regularly come by to nibble on what the yard has to offer.

This week's I Like topic:  a place I always go in summer.  For me, that's Cape Cod, and specifically this cottage.  It was my grandmother's place and now belongs to an aunt.  I am lucky enough to hold Chick Weekend here in September.  I have many fond memories spending the entire summer there.  Running barefoot everywhere.  Days spent beachcombing, swimming and sailing.  Never a summer gone by without my aunts pulling at least one splinter out of my foot and getting one case of poison ivy.  Good times!

I'm joining in with the rest of LeeAnna's I Like Thursday pals over at Not Afraid of Color.  Enjoy!


7 comments :

  1. Happy Kitchen! It is beautiful. A new stove is as good as a new vehicle. The cottage has the Cape Cod charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love cape cod and that house. Love the image of little you running wild through the underbrush and sailing... the stuff of young reader novels. In fact... you could write the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a classic Cape Cod house, isn't it?! I enjoyed seeing houses like that when we were there in May. Glad you can still go to that favorite place! And hooray for the kitchen - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of that shingled house! What perfect childhood memories. And your kitchen is slowly getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks great! I love your house on the Cape. It looks like a great place to get together. So glad you're negative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty kitchen! How neat that you still get to go to that lovely place in Cape Cod and continue to make memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - the kitchen looks terrific, and I can appreciate how wonderful it must be to get back in there and cook up some delights! Those tomatoes look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************