|My attempt at meandering quilting|
In other words, I took a simple set of instructions and added lots of complications. I am rather pleased with the results.
Making the blocks were pretty straightforward. I miscalculated the amount of background material I needed, as usual. And forgot to cut out and sew the notches for the handles the first time around. <sigh>
As I attempted to sew the two main pieces together, I mangled my sewing needle. I found half of it, bent and stuck into the back side of the fabric I was sewing. I'm not sure how it broke like that. Although, come to think of it, it was probably going through... um... six layers of fabric and six layers of batting (three layers which were reflective).
Heh. I love my sewing machine - it takes a beating and keeps on running.
The original instructions are so old the web page no longer exists, but I did find it on Wayback Machine for those of you interested in them: Casserole Carrier.
Update: I've made another carrier and included my instructions: Making a Casserole Carrier.