Monday, May 14, 2012

Jewel Flags

Finally, the sewing has begun.

We had beautiful weather this weekend.  I spent most of my time visiting and puttering in the yard while the guinea pigs played.  (Well, they ate a lot of grass.  That's playing, right?)  I really wanted to go biking - it had been way up there on my to-do list.  But it never happened.  I was bummed.

What does this have to do with the quilt?  Well, my other big priority was to start sewing.  So when Sunday evening rolled around and cycling became an impossibility, I knew I had to fire up the sewing machine or face Monday feeling like a total slacker.

I laughed when I finished the first seams of the red and blue centers.  They look like strands of Tibetan prayer flags.  I pray they don't look like this for long!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************