Friday, November 8, 2013
Then I came across a how-to video on making a mini-album. The materials were easy to find (although it took a while to get a punch to make the holes) and the finished album was exactly what I was looking for. I bought the card stock before we moved, but never had time to make these until the quilt was finished.
I finally got the chance last week. Of course I modified. I used cloth instead of paper on the outside and adjusted the size to match my current binders. I thought the spine was a little wide after I made the first one (I kept the original width from the video), so I trimmed the subsequent ones by 1/4".
I like the way they look. We'll see how well they hold up with use. I'm a messy cook, so these will no doubt be doused with all sorts of ingredients. Now I need to print out all the recipes I couldn't fit in the old books!