My guinea pig earrings were a big hit at the Spring Pignic. After I finished this year's ornament, I created four more pairs of guinea pig earrings with my remaining studs. I plan to offer them on CavyMadness.
Experimenting with colors was fun. I enjoyed mixing different colors, adding spots and creating mismatched feet and ears. My attempts at creating Willow's orange fur or Teddi's lilac color resulted in some very non-guinea pig colors. I'll need to work on that. But I managed to blend several
usable shades. My earrings seem so plain by comparison. Now that I've created a few more, I can see my basic light colored pigs may be easier to identify at a distance than the darker ones. The Pippin-looking pair on the far left is my favorite so far.
The front and backs fit together snugly. I guess that's good, because they won't come apart while someone is wearing them. However, I'm a little concerned how well the ears and front paws will survive if subjected to a lot of pressure. These guys have floppier than my first pair's sticky-uppy ears. I tried to keep them thick, so they could withstand some abuse. I may need to add a note with the earrings, recommending that the front pieces be handled by their cheeks and noses.
I have put away the Sculpey for now. My sewing backlog keeps piling up. I have pillows than need new covers and a pair of capris that I'm converting to shorts (rust stains do not come out). Plus I've just taken delivery of some material to be used in a surprise quilt. So exciting! I may return to the Sculpey in the fall if these earrings become popular.