Thursday, July 19, 2018

I Like Thursday: Work Vacation

I went to the Cape for a few days.  So much fun.  I came down on Friday afternoon before the rush and stayed until Wednesday.  Even though I worked most of the weekdays, it gave me the mornings and evenings to spend with family.  I even briefly plopped myself and the laptop in the backyard. So relaxing!  I will need to try this again!

I like that my guinea pigs are good travelers.  Wedgwood and Mabel came with me (since I wanted to keep an eye on Wedgwood).  I have to pack more for them than I do myself, but once they were set up, they made themselves instantly at home.

I was amazed to see town water (and a fire hydrant) down to the very end of Campground Road.  It's an odd shot to have the fire hydrant so close to the beach.

I love walking the beach.  I didn't get to do enough of it, but even just being close enough to smell the air and hear the people and the waves was wonderful.

I like misty mornings, which are typical for humid summer days on the Cape.



I like that I unexpectedly ran into an old friend.  Spent some of Saturday afternoon with her and her husband on their boat, cruising around Orleans Cove.  It's so rare when we get together; she's one of those friends that just feels like home whenever we meet up.  I'm so glad this happened.


Spider crab!  Ew.



I really like the chunk of fresh striper she gave me.  Got my aunt to cook us dinner by bringing that over.  It was delicious.  Thank you so much!






I like little cheater glasses from Job Lot.  I keep a pair in my purse.  They were a life saver when I realized I forgot my regular readers I need to stitch binding.  (Actually a lot of likes in that photo, including tea, those little scissors and the nifty wonder clips.)

I am so very excited that the Homebase quilt is done, labeled and delivered.  My cousin and his wife were down this weekend (more unexpected people I ran into).  They were dying to see the quilt, so I brought it over with the partial binding.  Everyone loves it (and I'll show it off once I get time to write the blog post).  They'll get to bring it home next weekend - well, if my aunt (who has it now) doesn't abscond with it first.

There was even more to like, but this is all I have time to write about.  There is lots to like over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments :

  1. Hi Sally! Oh what wonderful photos of the Cape and fresh fish. YUM! What work do you do that brought you to the Cape? Your last photo with the quilt, tea, scissors and clips looks so fun and relaxing. I'd like to be there with you, tacking down a binding and just chatting! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful working vacation - friends, family, good food, the ocean nearby, and a little binding sewing! That takes care of just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "I like" post! I would love to have a working vacation near the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much liking going on :) I laughed about the relative amount of packing for yourself and the critters...I bought the Toyota Highlander for Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a nice post! Did the pigs go out on the boat too? What do they think of going on vacay? I LOVE Cape Cod, I wish I was there with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a famous cape to get to visit and beaches are the best places for summer time strolls. I love that the little ones got to go too. Lots of happy things in this post!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************