Friday, February 16, 2024

Lots of Little Leftovers

Lots of little leftovers from two recent quilting projects.  First are my small citrus sections from the Project Quilting challenge.  I'm thinking of making another small wall hanging with it.  Right now these layouts measure about 14" across and 25" long.  I think 1, 3 and 6 are my favorites.  A couple of those layouts remind me of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. 

The other leftovers are from the rick-rack quilt.  I was left with a pile of ¾-inch strips from trimming down the fabric rejects to make the squares I used in the backing.  The colors went together so nice on the backing, I decided not to throw the scrap away, but sew it all together.



I'm not sure what I'll make with the pieces, but I'm sure it will be pretty. I'll have to throw it on my wall and see what springs to mind.

Sharing with:
Alycia Quilts - Finished or Not Friday
A Quiltery - Put your Foot Down
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle & Thread Thursday

9 comments :

  1. These curlicues are fun!!! Definitely make you think of the very hungry caterpillar. I'll enjoy seeing what you do with both sets of scrappy pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun 'hungry caterpillar' project! Can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those leftover citrus sections. I just know you will imagine something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of leftover scraps. I think you picked the most interesting ones but, I can't decide which I like best. Have fun finishing this great project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dresdens very much and your favorites are the best of the bunch. Have you thought of putting random colored diagonal strips in the background. Just a thought?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leftover citrus pieces. They all look good. So many scrappy pieces to play with! I'm sure you'll think of something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the Very Hungry Caterpiller indeed! Wonderful colours together here. Lots to play with, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THose are fun!! they remind me of Gummy worms haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to see what you do with "leftovers." I like ALL the citrus designs! 3 and 6 are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************