Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Bit of Green

My mother and sister showed up to help me move with three tomato plants and a pot of basil in tow.  I initially put them on the back deck with plans to find them a better spot.  Turns out, though, that the deck gets full sun most of the morning and afternoon.  It makes for some very happy plants.  It also keeps them away from the little groundhog I've seen tooling around the yard.  So there they've stayed.

Since then I've added some rosemary, thyme, oregano and a couple of marigolds. I have a ton of grape tomatoes on one of the plants.  The first one is just starting to turn color.  Mmmm.  I can't wait!


1 comment :

  1. Lovely container herb garden! My plant success rate is very low - oregano and marigolds shriveled in a heat wave, tomato plant mauled by birds, lone surviving indoor basil - but I do have one rosemary plant that managed to hang on. I applaud your gardening skills!

    And it looks like there is a spacious spread of grass in the background for the girls to munch on? :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************